|The oldest of all the 7 Indian Institutes of Management in India, the IIM Calcutta is one of the most prestigious institutions imparting post graduate courses in the various management subjects. IIM Calcutta is still known by its original name, although the city has now been renamed as Kolkata. The institute was set up in the year 1961. However, it moved to its present location only in 1975. Situated in the outskirts of the city of Kolkata, the IIM C is the most preferred institute for management studies in the region. The essence of the culturally rich city of Kolkata can be captured in the true sense, within the premises of the IIM Kolkata, through its natural beauty and the vast area on which the institute is located.
The various courses offered to the students of Indian Institute of Management Kolkata have been mentioned below as:
The academic block in the IIM Calcutta is fitted with air conditioned class rooms and lecture halls besides a host of audio visual equipment as well. The 4 hostels for students are fitted with coffee shops, canteens as well as guestrooms for visitors. Internet connection has also been installed in the rooms for the students and also there are provisions for separate lodging facilities, especially for the married students.
- Postgraduate Program for Executives(PGPEX) - One Year Full Time
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management(PGDM)- Two Years
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer aided Management(PGDCM) - Two Years
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management(PGPEX-VLM)- Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM)
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
- Executive Program in Business Management(EPBM) - One Year Part Time
An auditorium, a library and a host of other facilities to keep alive the recreational, cultural and sportsman spirit of the students have also been conveniently included within the campus. A management center for human values has also been set up within the campus to bring the Indian human organizations and institutions at par with their International counterparts.